On January 13 the International Centre for Cancer Vaccine Science (ICCVS) organized international workshop entitled Veterinary Science, Computational Mass Spectrometry and Therapeutics. Workshop was held in Gdańsk. First part of the workshop was devoted to issues connected with the veterinary science and the second part to the mass spectrometry.
Professor David Argyle (William Dick Chair of Veterinary Clinical Studies, Dean of Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinburgh) opened the workshop with a lecture on An Overview of Comparative Oncology Approaches.
Workshop participants could also hear the lectures of:
- Markus Waldhuber (Adivo),
- Maciej Parys (University of Edinburgh),
- Roberto Jose-Lopez (University of Glasgow),
- Małgorzata Lisowska (ICCVS),
- Krystyna Bieńkowska-Szewczyk (Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology, UG&GUMED),
- Laura Marconato (University of Bologna),
- Aleksandra Urban (Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology, UG&GUMED),
- Luis Ignacio Lopez Ferreira (Universidad de la Republica, Montevideo),
- Luca Ares (University of Turin),
- Javier Alfaro (ICCVS),
- Mariusz Ferenc (Nalecz Institute of Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering),
- Marcos Yebenes Mayordomo (ICCVS),
- Sune Justesen (Immunitrack),
- Irena Dapic (ICCVS),
- Guido Leoni (Nouscom),
- Jakub Faktor (Masaryk Cancer Institute, Brno),
- Lenka Hernychova (Masaryk Cancer Institute, Brno).
The primary goal of the workshop was to develop maintained collaborations on the subject of veterinary science and computational mass spectrometry and to initiate new ones.